May 23, 2016

Layovers...

After leaving Cincy vaguely still drunk and high on an amazing weekend, I landed in Charlotte to continue my two week hiatus in Destin.



We landed right on time and then proceeded to sit. I thought, no worries, I've got plenty of time before my next flight boards. 45 minutes to be exact. And 20 minutes later we still hadn't gone anywhere. 10 minutes later we got an announcement that we were waiting a terminal. I got nervous. So help me god I am not going to miss my flight to Destin. We finally pull into our terminal and the pilot politely asks people to allow others who have a short connection to get off first.

I raised my hand so high and so fast. I have 10 minutes to get off this plane and board my other plane before it leaves. I also just ran a marathon, so moving quickly was not ideal. In the Cincinnati airport you could tell who had just run the marathon. Not so much in Charlotte.

I was off the plane and hobbling as fast as I could to find my gate. I start to skip run because my gate was further away than I would have liked. I finally rounded the corner to see my gate and hear my name being called for final boarding. I snaked right on in there in the nick of time. I also scored a row to myself and promptly fell asleep.

Waking up to the sight of the ocean is one of the greatest feelings in the entire world to me. And the beach did not disappoint. Immediately all of the stress of this year just melted away.



I ate as much tuna, drank as much beer, and played as much farkle/yahtzee as humanly possibly every single day. I was up with the porpoises and asleep by 9 pm every single night. We saw sea turtles, crabs, sharks, and baby porpoises. I collected all the shells as I regally strolled (limply waddled) down the beach.










Not much can beat the beach in my book. I've been going to same beach for as long as I can remember and each year it is new and different. I love that about the ocean. Each day is an adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment