Jan 7, 2016

2016.

It's stereotypical, but I think it's good to write down goals. Whether big or small I think it is important to have goals. Year long goals are tough, but here's to 2016 and giving it a whirl.

1. Travel
Because duh.

i don't know where i got this. 
But seriously, travel is really important to me. The beginning of 2015 was a tough time for me and I was fortunate enough to be able to sort of run away from life for a little while if you will. You can check out this, this, this, this or even this post to see more.  It was refreshing to take a break and reset. Then it was time to hit the ground running and get serious about some things and grow up a little. Just a little though, because Peter Pan will forever live inside my soul.

2. Run
Because races.

1/2 Marathon in New Orleans
1/2 Marathon in Memphis
Full Marathon in Destin
Full Marathon in Cincinnati

All important post race libations
Those are all by the first weekend in May. The next 5 months are pretty intense, but I am excited about it. I am still tentative with my injury and have been running smart, but man I am ready to just be able to get up and knock out my run without too much thought.

3. Food
Be better at it.

I eat a lot of food. I love it. I am Italian, it's in my genes. That all being said I could be a little smarter about what I put into my body. Here's to that attempt.

4. Be Present

These days it's very simple to zone out and be physically somewhere but not be mentally there. I don't think it's fair to you or whatever situation you are in to just phone it in. Everything in life takes work and effort no matter the situation. I believe it is very important to put your whole self into situations and I am making a pledge to myself and to everyone around me to be better about living my life in the here and now.

5. Read more

I am an avid reader. I read a lot. I read before bed, I read when I have nothing else to do, but I want to actively choose to read. Not just read before bed, but to read in the middle of the day while sitting outside with my doodle.

The dood, Paddler. 
6. Save more, spend less

Obviously. Very cliche.

7. Volunteer

I volunteered at the end of 2014. It was mentally necessary for me and helped me tremendously realize a lot of things about myself and my life. Everyone should take the time and volunteer. It doesn't have to be extreme like I did and take a month off of life and volunteer, but it needs to be done.

8. Be more appreciative

It is easy to fall into the trap of wanting more and newer and bigger and better things. The majority of the time none of those things are necessary or vital to life. Appreciate what you have in terms of clothing, housing, people, and quality of life. It could all be gone in a minute.

9. Start looking

I tend to stick to what I know. I want to start looking at new opportunities, places, friends, people, colleagues. Really start to look out into the world and better myself with everything I find. Really start to learn.

Still don't know where I got this. 

10. Love.

Not easy for me. I'm not taking this one on in the traditional sense, but I am taking this on in everyday life. Love yourself and the day ahead.

Let me know if you know where this is from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment